StatCounter

Friday, February 19, 2016

Ella Meets World

Happy end of February (hey, mom)! As some of you have already seen or already know, Club Mockingbird welcomed a new addition last Saturday, Ella Jay. I'm officially a puppy mom. 


Last Saturday after my 5K in McKinney, I went to McKinney trade days with  a couple of friends, just to look around. I bought a set of sheets (a great purchase, because they're seriously the softest sheets ever) for like $22; and a cute cardigan for $10. As we kept walking, we started to pass by a bunch of people selling dogs. I'm really not much of an animal person, but I'd been thinking about getting a dog for awhile. Last year I had a dog for a day but because of sensitivities to her dander, I was unable to keep her.

I had been looking around online for different doodle mixes, because they're hypoallergenic. They are  also SUPER expensive, so I held off. It just so happens that there was a woman there with a litter of 3 male and 2 female Spinoni doodles. We walked by and I looked at them a little but decided I'd need to think about it, because I'm a impulse buyer and am trying to work on that.

We kept walking around and I just couldn't stop thinking that one of those puppies might be a good fit for me. So we went back to the booth and I bargained with the lady and got her to come down in price a little, and went home with Ella! 

I debated on the name for a little while, but finally decided on Ella Jay. My favorite Disney princess is Cinderella and in case you hadn't heard, my favorite team is the KU Jayhawks. Thus, Ella Jay was born.

This first week has been quite interesting. My family never had puppies or inside dogs while I was growing up, so potty training and figuring out what to do has been a little tricky at times. Thankfully she's pretty smart, so it hasn't been the worst thing ever. Plus, she's so stinking cute and awkward right now, it's hard to stay mad at her for too long for the little things.

I don't know what her full size will turn out to be, but I'm hopeful she'll get big enough to take running. I also can't wait to go on different, fun adventures with my new little partner in crime! :)
This is how we feel about me not knowing what I'm doing

PS Do you have any house training tips or tricks for puppies?
PPS What are some tricks I should teach her?

Twitter: @jen_being_jen
IG: @jenbeingjen 

4 comments:

  1. Praise and rewards are the best! :) I like Jace's suggestion to shake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise and rewards are the best! :) I like Jace's suggestion to shake.

    ReplyDelete